All you need to know about our condominium management software
I would like my condominium association or syndicate of co-ownership to subscribe, but what if co-owners do not?
The Board of Directors will obtain the greatest benefits from using UpperBee. Although you can ask for the opinion of co-owners before registering, the decision ultimately resides with the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors needs the tools required to structure their management and it is exactly what UpperBee provides. The situation is not altogether different than if your syndicate or association is facing legal problems, the Board has the power to hire a lawyer. The same applies for an accountant or any expert or tool which can help you better manage your building. Thus, nothing stops you from asking your co-owner’s opinions, but ultimately the decision belongs to the Board.
What are the benefits to using a management software?
It offers several important advantages to your syndicate of co-ownership, condominium association or HAO, such as:
- Increased transparency;
- Improves communications with your community members;
- A unique tool to keep all your documents and information (i.e.: registries, financial, your equipment list and plans, etc.); and
- Never lose a document or a piece of information again.
Can I try UpperBee’s management tools for free?
Yes, it is possible to try it out for free, and it only takes a few minutes. In order to do so, you have to:
- Click “FREE TRIAL” on the upper right corner of our website, and create your account (username and password);
- Then click on the link in the email that was sent to you by [email protected] in your mailbox (WARNING, verify your spam folder!);
- You will be redirected towards a “SECURED CONNECTION” screen;
- Enter your email and password, then click on “LOG IN”; and
- Click on “CREATE A SYNDICATE” and create your free trial which will expire after 30 days.
Can I do the bookkeeping of my syndicate of co-ownership, condominium association or HOA using UpperBee’s accounting tools?
Yes, UpperBee is the only online management software that integrates a complete set of accounting tools and features. Doing your own bookkeeping will save you from incurring significant professional management fees. Using UpperBee’s financial tools, you will be able among other things, to:
- Prepare your budgets;
- Enter your bills;
- Log all cheques and preauthorized debit form received from owners or co-owners and process deposit*
- Reconcile your bank accounts;
- Invoice common expenses and contributions to the contingency fund (condo fees and dues)
- Invoice special fees (penalties, fines, moving fees, etc.);
- Keep track in real time of amounts owed by owners and co-owners;
- Generate your income statements, balance sheets and statement of net asset evolution;
- Prepare a variety of analysis and reports;
*A subscription to a supported payment processing software is required. Additional fees applicable.
Is it possible to download from UpperBee the documents generated using its various tools?
Yes, most of UpperBee's various tools allow for the creation and easy download of Excel, Word or PDF files based on data contained within UpperBee.
When we subscribe to UpperBee, can all owners and co-owners access the website?
Yes, all owners and co-owners will have access to UpperBee.
For them to access your syndicate, condominium association or HOA, you will have to send to each of them a CondoPass using UpperBee’s built in tools (or print the login procedure and send it to them).
The CondoPass establishes the link between a user profile and their condo(s), apartment(s) or house(s).
Contrary to Board of Directors members full access, co-owners will only have access to the information that pertains to them, and most in a read-only mode. That being said, they will have access to a service requests system allowing them to communicate with their Board members or the professional manager, whatever the case may be.
What is a private Intranet?
A private intranet is the equivalent of a website which access is reserved to a limited number of authorized users.
When you subscribe to UpperBee, a private intranet is created and is restricted to the Board of Directors, owners or co-owners of your syndicate of co-ownership, condominium association or HOA. It is this private intranet that holds all the tools and features of UpperBee’s management software.
For which size of syndicate of co-ownership, condominium association of HOA is self management possible?
Self management is possible for syndicate, condominium associations and HOA of any sizes. Although many small communities (fewer than 30 units) are generally forced to self manage due to a lack of interest from professional management companies, many large buildings and communities also choose self management or have their own staff task with managing their daily operations. UpperBee’s self management package is meant for them.
Whatever the size of your syndicate, condominium association or home owner’s association (HOA), UpperBee will help reduce the workload associated with managing it.
Do we have the skills to manage our syndicate of co-ownership, condominium association or HOA?
Yes, you have the skills to independently manage your building or buildings.
As with a house, proper maintenance is a matter of judgment and depends on your ability to retain the services of the right people to do the required work. Therefore, with the right tools and information sources, managing a building is within everyone's reach.
UpperBee’s communication and collaboration tools allow exchanges between the Board of Directors and owners or co-owners, so that they can benefit from the knowledge and varied experiences of all involved.
In addition, UpperBee provides Board members with a forum exclusive to Board of Directors with an UpperBee self-management subscription. This is to foster a supportive atmosphere and allows you to interact with other Board members of UpperBee’s community.
What is a CondoPass?
CondoPass is a unique identifying code which creates a link between an owner or co-owner and their dwelling unit. Once the intranet is created, a CondoPass must be sent to all owners before they can log in to the intranet of their syndicate of co-ownership, condominium association or HOA. To do so, owners will have to wait and have received their CondoPass code, then go on the website at www.upperbee.com and follow the following instructions:
- Verify your inbox and click on the link in the email sent from UpperBee.com, it activates your account (WARNING: Verify your junk email folder, this email may have ended up there!).
- Return to UpperBee.com and login as a member.
- In the window that appears on the screen, click on the section used for co-owner’s inscription.
- Enter your CondoPass in the appropriate field.
- Select your type of owner (owner-occupant or with a tenant).
- Click on “Confirm the information” to complete your inscription.
- You will then have access to the Intranet of your Syndicate.
Is UpperBee.com there to stay?
UpperBee exists since 2007 under the name SolutionCondo.com and has since garnered many thousand clients who self-manage. UpperBee is also used by several management firms, including SolutionCondo, Quebec’s largest professional management company of large condominiums buildings.
UpperBee is therefore firmly established and has greatly evolved over the past 12 years. In particular, UpperBee’s evolution has been propelled by the demands of its customers, who bring excellent ideas for the constant improvement of our management tools which in turn allowing you to save even more time.